Thursday, October 9, 2008

Just for You Bud! ("Buck")


The Budweiser Clydesdale Horses were in town last week, and of course, I had
to drop in and pay them a visit. I had seen them on my tour of the Bud plant in St.Louis several years ago. Just as they were then, they are now.... majestic creatures!

Please note this fine handsome boy's name.... surely named after the famous Beer Conniseur and Cigar Smoker "Buck" from Portales NM in a clear cut case of trying to change his tastes from foreign to domestic

This fella was just back from a shampoo and sponge bath...what a life!

I can't take credit for this photo... wish I could! HT to Cape Cod Times/Merrily Lunsford for catching this guy in a perfect pose!

7 comments:

  1. Thank ya, Ma'am! I DO love those Clydesdales... much more so than the product they flog. One minor correction, though. My tastes in beer are almost entirely domestic these days... from the magnificent New Belgium Brewery... and most specifically: 1554, Trippel, and Fat Tire. Mmmm-mmm-MMM!

    That said... I've been seeing a lot of ads for Anheuser-Busch's new "American Ale," and it's on my list of stuff to try... if it ever makes it into the Wilds of Eastern NM, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, they are special! I remember seeing them in St. Louis when I was about 5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Buck~ pleading ignorance when it comes to beers and brewery locations.... I'm somewhat partial to vodka.... :)

    Jim did you live in St.Louis back then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed, they are gorgeously majestic creatures, specially standing right next to them. I had the opportunity to view them at the Alaska State fair a few years ago while visiting family and of course my scrapbook has been graced with their photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn, your trip to Alaska must have been fantastic! Do you have pics posted? Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. no pictures but thanks for the idea. I think I shall post some, some time soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the big horses. I got to stand next to one about 30 years ago when they were in San Marcos, TX.

    ReplyDelete